Monday, May 26, 2008

White Chocolate Tarts with Berries & Pistachio

These little tarts are inspired by one of my favorite Italian restaurants in the city. Grano has a crostata tri-colore (http://www.grano.ca/) and I absolutely adore it. I had a craving one day and couldn't get to the restaurant so I made my own version. It has been a staple in our house ever since.

The three colours are red, white & green. Raspberry, white chocolate and pistachio. I added some blackberries to the batch I made today. I cheat and use pre-made mini shells.

This dessert is so simple to make and so, so good.

Ingredients & Preparation:
  • 18 Mini pie shells
  • Approx. 12 squares of white bakers chocolate (I didn't count!)
  • 10% cream, until chocolate is smooth
  • pistachios, shelled and chopped into pieces
  • raspberries, cut into 1/4's
  • blackberries, cut into 1/4's
Pre-bake your mini shells according to directions. Melt your chocolate however you can - I use a pot of boiling water with a small sauce pan on top so the heat from the steam melts the chocolate. Add the cream and keep stirring until the chocolate is smooth, thinned out and creamy. I do this by feel so I have no idea how much cream I use. Maybe about 1/2-3/4 cup?

Place some chopped pistachios in the bottom of all your shells. Fill just below the top with white chocolate and place raspberries or blackberries into the centre with some more pistachios. Let cool in the fridge for a couple hours.














2 comments:

Amy said...

These look amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness these are amazingly beautiful! i LOVE it. Not only do they look delicious, but so chic! Great job!