I've been making this for about 5 years now. The original recipe is from What's Cooking magazine by Kraft Canada.
Ingredients: please note, all measurements are approximate as I lost the recipe itself years ago and this is how I make it now...by memory!
- 1 1/2 blocks of Philadelphia cream cheese, softened (light or regular)
- approx. 1/2 cup of good grated parmesan cheese
- approx. 1-2 tbsps of store bought pesto
- approx. 1/4 cup of julienne red peppers (from a jar so they are nice and soft)
- appr0x. 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
In a mixer or food processor, mix the cream cheese and parmesan until well blended and smooth. Place in a shallow dish (oven proof) so you have about 3/4" of the mixture spread evenly in the bottom. Cool in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until the mixture is no longer soft. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Take a spatula and spread the pesto layer evenly, add your julienne peppers evenly across the pesto, now sprinkle the mozzarella over top. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until golden brown on the top (broil if required for a couple minutes). Serve with sliced baguette or crackers.
Enjoy! And thank me later:)