- 12 scallops, trimmed (now I assume he means Bay scallops, but I used Sea scallops so you really don't need 12 if that's the type you are using or he is Jamie Oliver and can afford 12 big sea scallops)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 medium sized fresh red chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup of white wine
- 1 lb of fresh pasta (Jamie suggests taglierini in the original recipe - I used linguine)
- 1 good handful of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup of butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
On a board, place each scallop on its flat side and slice it across in half. Put the olive oil in a hot pan and add the scallops, garlic and chili, which will sizzle and sear right away. As soon as the scallops have coloured on one side, pour in the wine, letting it reduce slightly.
Meanwhile, cook your pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Add the pasta to the scallops with the parsley and butter and remove from the heat. Toss and taste for seasoning. Serve.
This is an excellent meal - you must try it!