Thursday, September 4, 2008

Organic Blueberry Crumble

I normally don't make dessert but I had a lot of organic blueberries this week in my produce delivery so I decided to make a crumble. This recipe is too easy. I thought I made a mistake somewhere because it took only 5 minutes to prep (+ 30 minutes in the oven). Unfortunately, we had no ice cream in the house and there was no way either of us were going out to get it so we each poured a big glass of milk and sat down with our crumble.


Ingredients & Preparation (Recipe from www.wholefoodsmarket.com)
Serves 4-6
  • 6 cups blueberries (I used organic)
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 2/3 cup flour
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 4 1/2 tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rinse fruit and drain thoroughly. Put berries in a mixing bowl and add lemon juice and one tablespoon flour. Combine, and pour into a 10”pie plate. In a food processor, pulse together the remaining ingredients until they resemble coarse breadcrumbs. Cover the berries with the topping and bake for thirty minutes until the top has browned and the fruit is bubbling.

Can be served hot or at room temperature. Goes very well with ice cream (or so I hear).

I normally don't like blueberries but this is to die for - Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks soooooooooo juicy!! I love crumbles!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This looks so comforting! I especially like that you found this recipe on the WF site. They have some great recipes there!

Meg said...

Oh my goodness, I must make this. It looks absolutely wonderful!