- 2-3 swirls in the pot of olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 package of frozen scallops (I used a bag of bay scallops, which are the small ones and I can't remember the weight.)
- 2-3 fillets of cod, cut into small squares (mine was frozen so I thawed it ahead of time)
- 3 cups organic chicken broth
- 3 small Yukon gold potatoes (I used 5 piccolo potatoes as they were in the pantry), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons of butter (this is not necessary but I added it for that decadence factor)
- 1 cup 10% cream
- 1 cup homogenized milk
- white pepper to taste (black pepper is fine too but white is my preference with fish dishes)
- fine sea salt to taste
- fresh parsley
In a large pot, sauté onion in some olive oil until translucent. Add scallops & cod fish and cook until done. As soon as the scallops are opaque they are cooked. Be careful not to overcook. Your fish should be done at the same time. Add the stock and potatoes and cook for another 12-14 minutes until your potatoes are tender. Add the butter, cream, milk, salt & white pepper.
Take half of your chowder and puree it in the blender until smooth (I added about 1 tablespoon of flour to make it a bit thicker). I pureed all of my potatoes as I don't like chunky chowder but this is up to you and what your preference is...
Add the pureed soup back in with the remaining soup in the pot and stir. Add some fresh parsley and serve with a big slice of crusty bread.