- 1 (5-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 pinch hot-pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped Italian parsley, or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 (6-ounce) container bocconcini in oil (or 3/4 cup fresh mozzarella in oil, torn into pieces), undrained
- 1/2 thin 18-inch baguette, sliced lengthwise
- optional: 2-3 tbsp olive oil (if your bocconcini is in brine like mine was, add extra olive oil for flavour and not a lot of the brine)
In a medium bowl, combine the first four ingredients (including some of the bocconcini or mozzarella marinade). Fill the baguette with the mixture. Close the baguette and wrap it tightly in waxed paper, then in aluminum foil or saran wrap. Place the sandwich at the bottom of the cooler so the weight of the other contents compresses the sandwich and allows the juices to soak into the bread.