I used chunks cut from a huge milk chocolate bar instead of the chocolate chips and it was delicious. The recipe called for 40-50 minutes but it took my loaf about 1 hour to bake. Keep checking yours towards the end of the recommended time just to be sure it is cooked all the way through. It could have been because I used a silicone loaf pan instead of a metal one.
Ingredients & Prep: (Recipe from www.bestbananabreadrecipes.com)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine and mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Place batter in a greased bread pan (bottom only) or in muffin tins.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan. Complete cooling on a wire rack.