Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Classic Comfort Food - Grilled Cheese


It's a snowy day and some comfort food was in order. I was still in my pajamas by the time lunch rolled around so it only seemed fitting. For the record, I don't typically sit around in my jammies all day but I am home with the baby all day today. We are relaxing.

This took about 7 minutes to make. That's about the time it takes the baby to eat one of her Mum Mum crackers - a good distraction tool.

Ingredients and Prep:

  • 1 plum tomato (these have the least water in them so I find they are a good option as your sandwich won't get soggy)
  • some brie (I remove the rind because I want nothing coming between me and smooth melty brie)
  • a sprinkling of fresh thyme leaves
  • 2 slices of bread
  • some butter
Prepare as you would a typical grilled cheese (do I have to tell you how?). You know, butter each slice of bread on one side. Place 1st piece in frying pan, add brie, tomato, fresh thyme leaves, top with 2nd slice of bread. Turn on the heat to medium and grill until golden brown.

Perfection.

1 comment:

cagrican said...

I love this kind of breakfast :) Healthy and delicious...