These potatoes will knock your socks off! I have always loved the moist lemony/garlicky potatoes you get in the Greek restaurants along the Danforth in Toronto. This recipe will give you a replica of those delectable treats and they are so easy to make and go with many entrees. If you are bored of baked, mashed, and boiled add these to your potato repertoire!
Ingredients and Preparation: Serves 4
Recipe from The Curious Cook at Home by dee Hobsbawn-Smith
- 1 lb round potatoes (Yukon gold, Russet etc.)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano (I use more - about 1.5 tbsp)
- 1 lemon, juice only (I use 2 lemons - love the lemony taste!)
- 1 cup water (more as needed)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Serve with skewered meat, grilled calamari, braised lamb or what ever is for dinner!