|Can you spot the busy fingers?|
It's very easy to make these and fun for kids to help if they are old enough not to make a disaster (what age is that exactly?) or to not eat all the ingredients before they are cooked. The hardest part of preparing this meal was keeping busy hands out of it!
Preparation and Method - Serves 4 adults
- 1 ball of pizza dough at room temp (store bought or make your own)
- 1 cup of mozzarella, shredded (I used sliced this time b/c it was in the fridge)
- 8-10 slices of salami (or leave out if doing a veggie roll up)
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 2 cups of spinach, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small tin of pizza sauce (you won't need it all)
- olive oil or oil spray
|Roll up like a jelly roll|
|Ready to go in the oven|
Arrange the rolls on a greased sheet of tin foil on a pan or on a nonstick baking sheet. Keep the rolls about 2-3" apart. Put them in the pre-heated oven for about 20-25 minutes (ovens vary so just keep an eye on them at the 20 minute mark). Ensure the inner part is cooked through. Once browned and bubbly on top, take them out and serve with a green salad or eat them as is! I used the leftover pizza sauce as a dip and made a quick ranch dressing to dip in as well.
|Ready to eat!|