Ingredients and Preparation: (serves 4)
Place the tomatoes, garlic, onions and thyme into a large roasting tin and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add sugar (helps to caramelize the veg). Drizzle with the oil, and roast in the oven for 40-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- 2kg/4½lbs large ripe plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic bulb, cut in half horizontally
- 2 large red onions, peeled, quartered
- few sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250ml/9fl oz vegetable stock (optional)
- 100ml/3½fl oz single cream (optional)
- few drops Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- few drops balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Mash the garlic with the back of a fork, and discard the skin. Remove the thyme twigs! Tip the roasted tomatoes and onions into a food processor along with the mashed garlic, and pulse until smooth.
Aother yummy recipe from this episode was the Twice Baked Potatoes with Goat's Cheese and Chives. I made them the other night and they were delicious. Recipe here.