- tortillas (4)
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced & sauteed in olive oil
- small red onion, chopped fine
- shredded cheese of your choice (I used mozzarella)
- tomatoes & red peppers, diced & mixed together
- 1 can of enchilada sauce (I used the mild green one today)
- salt & pepper to taste on the chicken
Cook the chicken first with the onion and salt/pepper. Once cooked, roughly cut the chicken into small bite size pieces. Put a little bit of the sauce in your casserole dish. Take one tortilla at a time and fill with 1/4 of the chicken and tomato/pepper mixture. Roll the tortilla up and place folded side down in the dish. Continue until tortillas are all filled.
Pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake in the oven at 375 F for about 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly on top.
Serve with a green salad for a quick weekday meal!