I didn't cook the veggies as directed, instead I cooked them at 425 for 45 minutes in the middle of the oven, mixing them up twice. I did not bake the shallots first either. Next time, I won't add as much butter.
Ingredients & Preparation: (From Epicurious, Original Gourmet, February 2000)
Active time: 45 min Start to finish: 1 1/2 hr
Servings: Serves 12
- 2 lb shallots, halved (or quartered if large)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 4 large red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, cut into bits
Cooks' note: Vegetables may be roasted 1 day ahead, then cooled before chilling, covered. Reheat in a 350°F oven until hot, 15 to 20 minutes.