I will definitely make this again.
Ingredients & Preparation (Recipe from Epicurious, Original from Bon Appétit, December 2004)
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2/3 cup pine nuts (about 3 1/2 ounces)
- 2/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 3 cups (16 ounces) Israeli toasted couscous
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 2 fresh or dried bay leaves
- 3 3/4 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in same pan over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until golden, about 10 minutes. Add couscous, cinnamon stick, and 2 bay leaves and stir until couscous browns slightly, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Add broth and salt and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until couscous is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Stir in parsley and pine nuts. Season with black pepper. Transfer to serving dish.