Monday, July 7, 2008

Pad Thai with Tofu

Super tired today. But, I still managed to get myself to the grocery store to buy some food for dinner. I wanted to do something quick and easy. Pad Thai with Tofu seemed to be the answer! I'm off meat for now and probably forever (more on that later - requires a separate post) so I cooked with tofu for the 2nd time in my life tonight. I've eaten it many times but never prepared it myself. Dinner was delish.

Ingredients & Preparation:
Serves 2-3.
  • 1 egg, scrambled
  • 1/2 "brick" of firm tofu, diced into little pieces
  • 2 tbsps canola oil
  • 1/2 package of broad rice noodles
  • 1 package of pad Thai sauce, store-bought (A Taste of Thai brand is good)
  • fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
  • green onion, diced
  • handful of peanuts, chopped
  • 1 lime, cut into quarters or smaller for garnish
  • bean sprouts, optional

Cook your tofu in the oil for a few minutes until hot (add salt if you like). Set aside. Scramble your egg and set aside with tofu. Cook your noodles according to package directions. Heat the sauce. Mix the noodles with the sauce in a large serving bowl. Add the tofu and egg. Top with cilantro, green onion, peanuts and garnish with lime. Bean sprouts are good if you have them. I had them tonight but forgot to add them until it was time to eat.

Feel free to add some grilled shrimp or chicken to this dish instead of the tofu.

This is much better than takeout!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love pad thai with tofu. Yours looks great!