I saw this recipe the other day when flipping through daytime TV. I couldn't find the recipe so I made mine the best I could from memory (I posted the original recipe below). I pretty much got things right but I did not do the garnish as 1) I don't eat red meat and 2) I had no sour cream. I did buy some turkey "bacon" and may try these again tomorrow with some of that cooked to be crispy and prosciutto-like. A really delicious way to eat your veggies!
Courtesy of: Chuck's Day Off - Episode: The Bro Show
Ingredients and Prep:
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 firm ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Dollop of butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- A dollop of sour cream
- 3 slices prosciutto, fried till crisp
- A few sprigs of chives, finely chopped
- Cut tomatoes into ½ inch slices.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt & cracked black pepper.
- Place flour, eggs, and crumbs in separate shallow bowls.
- Heat oil with a dollop of butter in a medium skillet on medium heat.
- Dip tomato slices in flour, then eggs, then crumbs.
- In the pan fry half the coated slices at a time for about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Bread and cook remaining tomatoes.
- Remove to a serving tray. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, crumbled crisp prosciutto and a sprinkle of minced, fresh chives.